New Door

8:33 AM at 8:33 AM

It's been a busy weekend. As you can see from the pictures below, I spent most of it attempting to hang a door. First came the demolition, which was incredibly messy but also incredibly fun. Nothing beats putting a hammer through a wall just for the hell of it. Cutting in the hinges was alright, but I don't think I am destined to be a wood carver anytime soon. But now that the door is 80% in, I think we can all agree that it's going to be killer. And, just for those of you keeping score at home, that jamb is balls on plumb.



Here you can see the start of what the kitchen will look like with the relocated door. The stove will be against the new wall, with a small counter next to it, some upper cabinets with a microwave. Should be killer. We've got the technology, we can make it better, faster, stronger. Now all we need is time.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

T1shep said...

balls

Terri said...

The more I look at it, the more I think you should really keep the border. It is so cheerful. Like a care bear.

Katie said...

The border is so beautiful too. Like, it makes my eyes bleed only a little.